Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Three of my Favorite Maps


Map 1: Active Volcanoes of the World http://pinknpurplelizard.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fault-line-map.gif
I find this map helpful because it provides a simple and informative image of the various plate boundaries and volcanoes located on the Earth. It also provides the reader with information regarding what kind of plate boundary is located between each plate which I find helpful as well. I really enjoy this map because it's very easy to read and understand. When I've studied maps regarding Earth's plate boundaries and active volcanoes in the past, I've found them rather hard to read as they've been too complex.

Map 2: Agricultural Map of South America http://go.grolier.com/map?id=mtlr038&pid=go
I've recently become very interested in South America as I took a course about it last quarter, and have really enjoyed studying the various agriculture coming out of its countries. I really like this map because it provides the reader with an easy to read and informative illustration of how different kinds of South American land are best suited for different kinds of agriculture.
 Map 3: Starbucks Center of Gravity, Manhattan http://infosthetics.com/archives/starbuckscenterofgravity.jpg
This map illustrates the number of Starbucks located in Manhattan and specifically points out the center of the city as containing the most. I really enjoy this map because it's amazing to see how close together the coffee franchise decides to build their stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment